Unlock the hidden potential of your Google Now experience as we delve into the troubleshooting tips and solutions for the frustrating issue of Google Now screen search not working.
Troubleshooting Internet Connection
If you’re experiencing issues with Google Now Screen Search not working, it could be related to your internet connection. Follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:
1. Check your Wi-Fi or data connection: Make sure you’re connected to a stable network. If you’re using Wi-Fi, ensure that it’s working properly. If you’re on mobile data, make sure you have a strong signal.
2. Reset network settings: Sometimes, resetting your network settings can resolve connectivity issues. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Confirm the reset and restart your device.
3. Clear cache and cookies: Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can help resolve any temporary issues. Open your browser settings, go to Privacy and Security, and clear your browsing data.
4. Update Google app: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Google app installed. Visit the Google Play Store and check for any available updates.
5. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix various issues. Turn off your device, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
If these steps don’t solve the problem, consider reaching out to Google support for further assistance.
Restarting Device and Google App
Restarting your device and Google app can often fix issues with Google Now screen search not working. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the power button on your Android device.
2. Tap on the “Restart” option that appears on the screen.
3. Once your device restarts, open the Google app.
4. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner to open the menu.
5. Scroll down and tap on “Settings.”
6. Tap on “Apps & notifications.”
7. Tap on “Google.”
8. Tap on “Storage & cache.”
9. Tap on “Clear storage” and confirm your selection.
10. Restart your device once again.
This should resolve any issues you were experiencing with Google Now screen search not working. If the problem persists, you may want to consider alternative solutions or reach out to Google support for further assistance.
Adding Google Search Widget
To add the Google Search Widget to your article titled “Fix Google Now Screen Search Not Working,” follow these steps:
1. Open your Android device’s home screen or any new tab on Google Chrome.
2. Long-press on an empty space on the screen until options appear.
3. Tap on the “Widgets” option.
4. Scroll through the list and find the Google Search widget.
5. Long-press the widget and drag it to your desired location on the home screen or new tab.
6. Release the widget to place it.
7. The Google Search Widget will now appear, allowing you to search directly from your home screen or new tab.
This widget is a convenient tool to quickly access the powerful search capabilities of Google, helping you find information and solutions to any query or problem you may have.
Clearing Cache of Google App and Browser
To fix the issue of Google Now Screen Search not working, you can try clearing the cache of the Google app and browser. Follow these steps:
1. Clear the cache of the Google app:
– Open the Settings app on your device.
– Go to “Apps” or “Applications”.
– Find and tap on the “Google” app.
– Tap on “Storage” and then “Clear cache”.
– Restart your device.
2. Clear the cache of the browser (e.g., Chrome):
– Open the browser.
– Tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
– Go to “Settings” and then “Privacy”.
– Tap on “Clear browsing data”.
– Select “Cached images and files” and tap on “Clear data”.
By clearing the cache, you can resolve any potential issues with stored data that may be causing the Google Now Screen Search to not work properly.
Disabling Google App
To disable the Google App and fix Google Now Screen Search not working, follow these steps:
1. Open the Google App on your device.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner to open the menu.
3. Scroll down and select “Settings.”
4. Choose “General” and then “Accounts & privacy.”
5. Tap on “Google Account” and select your account.
6. Scroll down and find the “Search” section.
7. Toggle off the “Google App” option.
8. Confirm your choice by tapping “Turn off” when prompted.
9. Restart your device for the changes to take effect.
Updating Google App and Chrome Browser
To update the Google App and Chrome Browser, follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner to open the menu.
3. Select “My apps & games” from the menu.
4. Under the “Updates” tab, locate the Google App and Chrome Browser.
5. If there is an update available, tap the “Update” button next to each app.
6. Wait for the update to download and install.
7. Once the update is complete, restart your device.
Darrell Friedman is a seasoned technology writer for helptechportal.com, with a keen interest in cybersecurity and privacy. Holding a degree in Information Systems and Security, Darrell’s expertise allows him to provide readers with valuable insights on protecting their digital lives. When not writing about tech, Darrell enjoys hiking, photography, and building custom PCs.