Red Dead Online players may encounter an error code 0x20010006 which can interrupt their gameplay experience. In this article, we will discuss six quick solutions to resolve this issue.
Check Rockstar Service Status
Check the Rockstar Service Status to see if there are any known issues with the servers. If there are no issues, try restarting your console and router. If that doesn’t work, clear your cache and reset your console’s MAC address. You can also try switching to a wired connection instead of wireless. If you’re still experiencing the RDR2 Error 0x20010006 or getting disconnected due to common errors, contact Rockstar Games support for further assistance.
to a fault
If you’re experiencing a disconnect due to a fault error in Red Dead Online, one of the quickest fixes is to restart your router.
To do this, simply:
1. Unplug your router from its power source.
2. Wait at least 10 seconds.
3. Plug the router back in and wait for it to fully reboot.
4. Reconnect to your internet and launch Red Dead Online.
If the error persists, it may be a problem with Rockstar’s servers or your connection. But restarting your router is a good first step in troubleshooting the issue.
Enable UPnP in Router Settings
to network error
To enable UPnP in router settings, follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
2. Enter your router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
3. Log in to your router’s admin panel using your username and password.
4. Locate the UPnP settings in your router’s settings menu.
5. Enable UPnP by toggling the switch on or off, depending on its current state.
6. Save your changes and exit the router’s settings menu.
Enabling UPnP can help fix Red Dead Online error 0x20010006 and other common errors that occur when playing RDR2 online. This error code often indicates that you have been disconnected from the Rockstar servers due to a network error. By enabling UPnP in your router settings, you can ensure that your Xbox One or other gaming device stays connected to the internet and the Rockstar servers.
Forward Game Ports
|Forward Game Ports|
If you are experiencing Red Dead Online Error 0x20010006, one of the possible solutions is to forward game ports. Here are the steps:
Switch to Google DNS
to network error
To fix the Red Dead Online Error 0x20010006, switch to Google DNS. Here’s how:
1. Press the Xbox button on your controller and select “Settings.”
2. Select “Network” and then “Advanced settings.”
3. Select “DNS settings” and choose “Manual.”
4. Enter the primary DNS server as “18.104.22.168” and the secondary DNS server as “22.214.171.124.”
5. Save the changes and exit the menu.
This should fix the error and prevent you from getting disconnected due to network errors. If the issue persists, check your internet connection and contact Rockstar Games for additional support.
Troubleshoot Connection Issues
- Restart your router
- Unplug the router from the power source and wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in
- Check your internet connection
- Run a speed test to ensure that your internet connection is stable and fast enough for online gaming
- Restart your gaming device
- Turn off your gaming device and unplug it from the power source for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on
- Clear your cache
- Clear the cache on your gaming device or web browser to eliminate any temporary data that may be causing issues
- Update your game and device software
- Ensure that your game and device are running on the latest software updates to avoid compatibility issues
- Contact your internet service provider
- If all else fails, contact your internet service provider to see if there are any known network issues or if they can offer additional support
Contact Rockstar Support
If none of the previous solutions worked, you may need to contact Rockstar Support. They can assist you with more specific troubleshooting steps and help determine if there is a larger issue at play. To contact Rockstar Support, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Rockstar Games website and click on “Support.”
2. Select “Red Dead Online” as the game you need assistance with.
3. Choose the platform you are playing on (in this case, Xbox One).
4. Click on “Contact Us” and fill out the form with your information and a description of the issue.
5. Submit the form and wait for a response from Rockstar Support.
It’s important to note that Rockstar Support can take some time to respond, so be patient. In the meantime, you may want to try some of the other solutions listed in this article to see if they resolve the issue.
Willard Morton is a passionate technology writer for helptechportal.com, focusing on the intersection of technology and sustainability. Holding a degree in Environmental Science and a strong interest in renewable energy, Willard’s articles explore how technology can help create a greener future. In his spare time, Willard enjoys hiking, gardening, and advocating for clean energy solutions.